View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 11:32 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by stutzj View Post
I had a Paperwhite and downgraded to the basic and have not regretted my decision to do that.

My reasons:
2. looks better in a well lit room. Because:
A) the natural color of the screen is lighter and provides better contrast IMO than the PW light off/very low. The PW screen is more of darker coffee color while the Basic Kindle (as you know) is more grey.

3. PW felt too much like an electronic device (a tablet). Others may disagree so I want to emphasize that this is a subjective opinion. What I want in a e-reader is to disappear into the reading experience in the same way that I do with a book. The less bells and whistles, the less distractions.

2a. This is not true on all PWs Mine is much whiter than any K4 I own. I own a K4S with a grayish background and a K4B with a creme color background my PW is much lighter and cleaner definitely not a coffee color background. EInk varies, I own 4 Kindles and all have different background colors.

3. Battery life on my PW with daily use is much better than either K4 I own which just sits doing nothing. I charge my PW every 21 days and my K4s I get 14 to 18 days and this without use. I keep my light on my PW on 8 at all times. I don't charge my Kindles till I get the battery low pop up and I keep WiFi off unless needed.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote