Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 03:51 AM   #195
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That's good service and shows they are interested in solving the problem.
Indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I wonder if you will get the cake this time? Or do you just want another bottle of Oz plonk?
Yes please That Shiraz was deliscrumptious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
I am mostly on the other side of the fence. Nothing I have seen/read so far has made me think that any correlation of battery drain to a particular book is anything more than coincidence. Any bug in the software related to the data in a book would have shown up in the examples you mention in your first paragraph - and it doesn't. In fact your example pretty much eliminates books as the cause.

Neither can I see see/imagine what mechanism might cause it. Books are data, and unless they are actively being processed, they just sit in memory having very little effect on battery drain. (should I add IMO YMMV etc etc )
I agree entirely. In fact, the battery draining also occurs when I sleep my Glo from the home screen, where no book at all is in memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Then it would not be able to enter sleep mode. The processor cannot be in a loop during sleep mode (nor turned off for that matter).
Hah. Maybe it isn't entering sleep mode...? Unrelated to the book though, as the draining occurs also from sleeping from the home screen. But, maybe for some reason the problem devices are giving us the sleep screen, but actually are not sleeping? Hmmm interesting. I'd have to test battery drainage when leaving the device on aaaaalll night. (Poor thing.)

I can't remember if we've covered this*... Are any of you with problem batteries using a cover or sleeve that touches the screen during sleep? And any of you without problems and without a cover or a cover/sleeve that definitely keeps clear of the screen, or vice versa...? I have a cover/sleeve kind of thing with soft *everything* and I suspect it touches the screen. So perhaps the sensors aren't completely inactivated and keep wanting to report screen touches?

*No pun intended...

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 03-14-2013 at 03:53 AM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote