Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 03:43 AM   #193
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Then it would not be able to enter sleep mode. The processor cannot be in a loop during sleep mode (nor turned off for that matter).

Anyway, more tellingly, if what you proposed was the case, then, when the suspect book was tried on another unit with the same firmware, it would exhibit the same behaviour - and it doesn't. The reverse, has also been demonstrated - known good books cause bad battery life on "suspect" readers.
I'm not proposing anything, I'm just saying what the original thinking was behind suspect books causing problems. After testing of various books on good and bad readers it was found that this idea doesn't really hold water. Personally I don't think anyone here is likely to discover exactly what the problem is, we'll have to wait for Kobo to track it down.

Last edited by moffattm; 03-14-2013 at 03:44 AM. Reason: spelling
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote