View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 05:40 AM   #15699
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
I agree. Knowing what is coming is - I think - an intentional part of the tale; which is not that unusual for this type of story.
It is in many books. But I have a feeling that wasn't the intent in this one. Same with the Wool Omnibus. Like a 'Colombo' mystery, where you know who done it, Colombo knows who done it, and we are just enjoying the process of his building the case. The difference was that Columbo was able to keep a viewer/reader glued to the screen, not wanting to miss a thing, week after week after week. Even when everyone in the house would say the words right along with him...'oh! Just one more thing....'

While these books both were pleasant enough to read, neither forced me to stay awake longer to read them.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote