View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 07:48 AM   #241
kaswistry
kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
What knc1 said. Choose "Update your Kindle" from the "Settings" screen.

Without being too annoyingly technical: the key "checked" by just restarting the device as opposed to choosing "Update your kindle" is the wrong one.

I actually picked Update Your Kindle from the first time I tried doing this til now.

I pick Update Your Kindle and it asks me "You are about to update the software on your kindle.."

I click the affirmative. It says

"Update successful. Kindle is restarting"

and then the boy and the tree shows up with something like

"Please wait a moment while we configure kindle blah blah"

That is when I get to the:

"The update was not successful. Update Error: 3"

Prior to this I tried the GUI Launcher, installed it but nothing happened. I thought I did something wrong so I kept doing it until I read that it doesn't work on my FW.

Is it possible that in doing so, I 'changed' something in the files?
kaswistry is offline   Reply With Quote