View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #264
wildcolor
Enthusiast
wildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: kindle 4nt
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
hmm. yeah.

while usleep 80000; do eips ''; done;

in another terminal

there may be a flag (like -force or something) but I don't 100% remember

That command above with simply FORCE a full fb update (It's not a tidy solution but it works) HTH

Oh! and keep it on external power -
full eips update for an hour or so will definitely tire your kindle (I killed one in 4 hours to death with doom once hehehe)
Thanks for the response, man. But, I am not successful with the command.

So, what I did was:
1> start usbnetwork, and start putty, login with root, then type in exactly
while usleep 80000; do eips ''; done; (Is this one line with all the commas and semicolons?
2> I then started another putty, login with root, then run kvncviewer.sh

Then the kindle screen connects to the vnc but it still only refreshes the area that is changed but not the whole 600x800 area????
wildcolor is offline   Reply With Quote