View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #165
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad Mini, my PC and Galaxy Tab A :)
I think for me, the weight is a big issue with the Mini since I have used my Asus transformer in the past and found it way to heavy to hold for reading for any length of time.

I've been comparing the Nook Tablet HD and the Apple Mini. Though the Nook has the HD screen, I keep leaning more toward the Mini even though it doesn't have the HD screeen.

I've been wanting something that will sync ebooks while reading. The Nook app does this and iBooks does as well. Neither are prefect but I'm thinking, if I use Calibre2opds and Dropbox, I should be just fine with the access to my books so I won't have to load quite as many books on my handhelds at a time like I currently do. I just would need a wifi connection to get to them.

The screen on the Mini is a bit larger/wider than the Nook, too.

A couple of questions for those who already have the Mini:

Have you tried using a bluetooth keyboard with it yet?

I would like to have a subscription to Reader's Digest or possibly other magazines so I could read them on the Mini. Is that possible and how?

Thanks,
Shykat

Last edited by Shykat; 11-13-2012 at 06:20 PM. Reason: accidentally posted before finished typing
Shykat is offline   Reply With Quote