View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 05:40 AM   #294
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
I'm back in the Dresden Files, listening to Proven Guilty on the night train when I work late, and finishing up the last book of The Belgariad as my bedtime story. I kind of dropped Zelazny's Lord of Light, which I think I'll pick up as text at some point.
Kind of stinks that neither Belgariad nor the Zelazny books are legally available as ebooks since book sets of books are among my favorites. I too found the audio version of Lord of Light a bit lacking. I felt the same way about This Immortal. I think the reader is trying to capture Zelazny's faint cynicism with a world weary sort of voice, but it just didn't work for me. The reader for the Amber series is much, much better. I just started the Guns of Avalon yesterday after finishing off Brust's Jhereg.

Jhereg was pretty well done, but it's another book that I really wish was available in ebook.[not that those responsible for the ebook rights for these books are reading this thread, but if they are - Hey guys, you are leaving money on the table! Just do what Rowling did and cash in on it. If you are worried about piracy, don't be, all your books are already widely available on the dark net. You have absolutely nothing to lose.]
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote