View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 09:09 AM   #6
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
No fear of flying commercial. I was always afraid on my initial takeoff when taking flying instructions. Back to commercial flying - what causes me fear is getting the middle seat between two (American) football linemen.

However I am always uncomfortable being alone in a strange, large city. Small towns and unfamiliar country hold no trepidation for me though.

Fortunately or maybe unfortunately depending on how you look at it, I had a ruptured eardrum (from a simulated emergency dive in an altitude chamber) years ago and my ENT doctor told me to never fly again as the pressure changes normal in commercial airlines could cause a re-rupture. When he put that on his letterhead, I took it to my boss and have never flown since.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote