View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 08:01 AM   #3
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I tried to fly for the first time last year; but had a claustrophobia related panic attack; and vacated the plane at warp speed.
Then I had to stand around on the runway while my bag was retrieved from the hold .

I went on a one-day Fear of Flying course run by one of our airlines. They took us on a flight at the end of the day, and I've flown happily since.
It worked well for me; planes are incredibly safe - the one on the news this morning got down safely and no-one was hurt .
And most of the news reporting of incidents like this is sensationalist (at least that's the case here in the UK.)
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote