View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #219
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeb View Post
Yes, I found the program there: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=174923, using the sudoforlunch link.

However, for activating the mode, I understand there is no public tool under Linux, except in the future the sbloader program that geekmaster is working on. The only way is to use MfgTool under Win. Am I correct?
There is no linux sbloader program for the kindle. There are sbloader tools for other freescale i.MX devices (such as the RockBox project that I mentioned). Different devices use different VID/PID and may have other USB protocol differences. That is why I am in the (currently stalled) progress of porting RockBox sbloader to the kindle.

We only use a small part of MfgTool (for windows), and that part is also supplied by sb_loader (and sbloader).
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote