View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 10:32 AM   #214
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeb View Post
Thanks a lot. So you would use sb_loader under Linux to activate fastboot on your Kindle? I am looking forward to seeing this. Many thanks for your valuable contributions.
After "win32 fastboot" came out so you can do it all in windows, I stopped work on "sbloader for linux" (less need for it). It would still be nice to do it all from linux and not need windows.

I did provide the unfinished source for my rockbox sbloader port to kindle for somebody that requested it. That was quite some time ago -- apparently they did not complete it either. It runs enough to talk to the kindle in USB Downloader mode and dump out status messages, but cannot upload and run a uboot image yet.

I wanted to do a custom uboot image that can export the serial port and the mmc contents over USB, and expand sbloader to become an SSH-like "USB Downloader" terminal program (so you do not need a serial port to use u-boot bist functions). Too many projects, and too little time...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote