Thread: Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #25
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
One question I have:
This is an American fantasy series, set in a completely fictional world. Why does everyone put on (sometimes rather bad) British accents? Has LOTR made people expect that all fantasy characters speak with British accents?
Harry, I hesitate to suggest it.......... but could it be the colonial yearning to return to the fold ?

I've also noticed the villians aren't all British on North American film and TV lately (even some British actors as heroes but speaking ... otherwise )

carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote