View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 01:39 AM   #4
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
The Pottermore books use some "watermarking". Have you taken a look inside the epub to see what they're actually doing? Run it through calibre conversion epub-to-epub and see what happens?

I much prefer watermarking over DRM. It's the right evolution of the market, as seen previously with digital audio, and I don't really want to discourage this approach since we all know DRM sucks. I'm just really curious how the watermark ended up being done.

Edit: Never mind. Found the discussion in the News forum. I'm apparently very late to this news

Last edited by toddos; 03-28-2012 at 01:45 AM.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote