View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Very satisfied with Pottermore experience

I have just purchased the full set of Harry Potter books, and it is my first experience buying ebooks that I'm completely satisfied with.

There have been excellent posts about the length of time for the books to come out, needing to go to yet another site, with another password, etc. All great points.

However, speaking personally, J K Rowling just delivered exactly what I've wanted for several years. I can access the books on all my devices, in both kindle and epub, without stripping DRM, to shift formats.

My biggest worry about ebooks has been that I would lose my $ investment if my device maker went belly up - hundreds - probably thousands - over time. Pottermore has completely eliminated that problem.

It will soon be illegal to strip DRM in Canada, putting readers who want to protect their purchases in a very difficult spot. I'm thrilled that Rowling has had the brains and the pluck to bypass all the industry created dilemma of multiple formats. Way to go JK!

Last edited by Victoria; 03-27-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote