View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 09:59 PM   #29
MidknytOwl
Zealot
MidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura

You guys rock.

I think I'm starting to get it. Mobi is looking like the easiest for me to get and not have to worry about converting. I've looked at the Cybook more though, and I like the Sony better in most aspects. Besides, with shipping, the Cybook is $110 more than the Sony, more if it ends up going on sale again, and I would still have to buy a cover.

How complicated is the converting programs? I remember reading somewhere (not sure if it was here) that for the Sony you should go with Lit files because those were the easiest to convert, but is that correct? How are the Mobis (mobies?)? If someone (not me, of course), was to remove the DRMs, which would be the easiest?

I think I'll hold off for now and see either what the Astak Lite will be like, although the first generation thing still makes me nervous. Or for the Sony to go on sale again. (We'll see how long that self-control lasts...)

Since there are couple of books available for free over at Fictionwise, would it be possible to try to convert some and see how it goes without having a reader to put them on? If so, would I be able to see if it works without a reader?

Sorry for the continuous questions! I appreciate the replies and how nice you guys are though. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...like I just swallowed a puppy.
MidknytOwl is offline   Reply With Quote