View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #7
TFeldt
Connoisseur
TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Asus Transformer, Galaxy S
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
I'm not sure about that, I was under the impression most gamers are in the range of 20-35 for core games with a more significant number of "gamers" in the 40+ market when you include casual games and flash games.
You're entirely correct. It's an urban myth that games are for children that don't want to read. The average age of game players in USA is around 35. The average age of game buyers is around 39. There's a reason why the games industry has surpassed every other entertainment industry when it comes to pure revenue; games cost more and now the average gamer is old enough to buy just about any game he wants.

Might as well dispel another common myth while I'm at it; roughly 40% of all "gamers" are women.

You can find the study I referenced in this post at http://www.theesa.com/facts/index.asp but there's many, many more out there if you google for them. The fact that people still consider gamers to be anti-social, teenage boys is somewhat sad considering the industry's development in not just financial but also creative terms.
TFeldt is offline   Reply With Quote