View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 10:46 AM   #5
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubizo View Post
I believe there is a target audience problem.

Usual gamers are very young and young people only read because school forces them to. (I'm obviously talking averages - there are book-loving kids and gamers in their 30s, 40s and even some in their 50s or more, but they are exceptions)
I'm not sure about that, I was under the impression most gamers are in the range of 20-35 for core games with a more significant number of "gamers" in the 40+ market when you include casual games and flash games.

Your point about gamers been more familiar with movies than books though may apply across the entire age range and might explain the reluctance?

Be interesting to see if anyone can pull up some published data on the various market splits by age. Had a quick google but nothing stood out.

imho, it probably comes down to gamers not been too bothered about lots of narrative, they want to get into the action and gameplay. Exceptions may be the RPG segment, but they tend to be non-linear which would increase the work involved in taking a book and using it as a basis for the game. It may turn out cheaper to have new unique content created rather than license and adjust work from an existing author?

Last edited by JoeD; 10-05-2011 at 10:52 AM.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote