View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 05:17 PM   #6
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
What's your price range? Assuming you're looking to spend less than a Transformer, for example, your best bet is probably a rooted Nook color. I've personally used an Augen GenTouch78 (resistive-touch) and Viewsonic g-Tablet, and neither were ideal for comic book viewing. Resistive-touch is a real pain in the rear, can't pinch-zoom, makes panning difficult, etc. So I wouldn't recommend anything that has resistive touch (all of the $100 or less Chinese knock-off tablets). The g-tab has capacitive touch which is much nicer, but its screen is horrible. It's halfway decent in landscape mode, but in portrait mode it's extremely painful on the eyes. So I can't recommend that, either. You really do want an IPS panel.

Personally, I'm now using an HP Touchpad (yes, I know, blasphemy! And I'm not even planning on putting Android on it). If I didn't have that, I'd either look at rooting a Nook Color, or if I needed a larger screen an Acer Iconia or Asus Transformer.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote