View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 08:41 AM   #15
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torwan View Post
I am considering that, although I kind of like the idea that the Kindle doesn't have a connection to the outside world unless I specifically want it to. That way I can control what data it receives.

Also, I can imagine extending my wired network with a WiFi-access point at some point in the future and then 3G wouldn't be required.
Some modems come with the ability to use Wi-Fi now days too. My own modem allows me to have access to the net via wired connection (to my desktop) and has an antenna built in that allows me to access the net via either my Netbook or the Kindle 3. I don't know if all modems have it built in now or just some, but it is handy to have it built into the unit. Of course if a person does a lot of traveling they say that the 3G model is better for access too. We don't have 3G coverage where I live and I don't do much traveling so I chose Wi-Fi which I knew would work with my present modem.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote