View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 05:15 PM   #2
mr_ed
Connoisseur
mr_ed began at the beginning.

Device: been e-reading since Handspring's first PDA
Wow! The ASUS really jumped in price! It was expensive when I bought the EP121-1A005M model at $1099. The only difference (that's listed that I can see, anyway) is that the EP121-1A010M you linked to on Amazon uses 1333 MHz SDRAM while mine pokes along at 1066 MHz.

You might want to see this comparison of the Slate 500 and the EP121 on YouTube. As the man says, the ASUS is a big piece of tablet to haul around.

Also - and this applies to both - you have heard, haven't you, that Windows is about the least friendly OS for touch applications? Just so long as you're aware of that....

A couple of other possibilities. ASUS also makes the Eee Note EA800. They canceled international distribution (except for Italy, maybe) but you can get it from Taiwan through pchome or eBay.

Entourage made the Edge and Pocket Edge. They just went out of business, but devices are available on eBay, and there's a forum here supporting them. Two screens - one e-ink, the other LCD, and you can draw on both.

I suppose your choice might depend on what you want to do with the stylus, huh? I hope this helps a little.

-- Ed
mr_ed is offline   Reply With Quote