View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 06:59 AM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
To get Calibre to run on an ARM processor you would need to do a full port of Calibre and all its dependencies (around 100 at last count I think). This would be a non-trivial task although technically possible. I do not think that there is an existing binary distribution for the ARM processor.

However, having said that I would be very surprised if the QNAP is powerful enough or has the resources to run a Calibre setup. That was certainly the issue I found with my PowerPC based NAS system, and the calibre2opds software is the current solution I use for providing online access to my library as it only requires a web server on the NAS.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote