View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #16
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
Book club

I would enjoy being a member of this type of club. Of course, there are loads of differing opinions of what constitutes "literature" but we are talking about what sun surfer calls a "well-regarded work". This still leaves a wide area for exploration. I enjoy the "standard classics" {Jane Austen is my favourite novelist} but I would feel that science-fiction includes a great many very well written works {those by Damon Knight for instance} that could lead to fruitful and interesting discussions. The same would be true of Fantasy.

The means of choosing a book might pose some problems but those of you who have been in clubs of this nature would undoubtedly know how to obviate that. Anyhow, I would like to give it a try!
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote