View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 02:08 AM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
And I wager part of that labor would be converting graphs to be readable in some cases as well. I mean if you have a line or bar graph you have to make sure that there is enough contrast between shades of grey (on Kindle) to make things understandable and the same with a pie graph. I also imagine that's just a simple example of such formatting problems as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
I am currently writing a non-fiction guide book with numerous photographs.... to be published as an ebook on Amazon of course.

I can tell you that the formatting of an ebook with graphs or images is much more labor intensive than just taking a word book and reformatting it. Thus to take a technical book with numerous images.... that was published five years ago and turn it into an ebook would take considerable time....... so I THINK that's part of the answer to your question.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote