View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 03:43 PM   #18
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I must admit that when reading on my iPad I set the Orientation lock on so that it does NOT change orientation unexpectedly. I like to be able to move around without the screen rotating on me. Therefore I personally woud prefer the suggestion of the the longest side being vertical so that I can get the best view of the map on the screen. Whether I am a typical reader in respect to the way I handle orientation I am not certain, but that is my personal view.

BTW. Love your books - I have read all of them.
Thanks for the input. I now have a test version with the whole map vertical (sideways), and the two halves in portrait mode, labeled as "detail." I'm trying to line up some testers on different devices to let me know how it looks. (If you read Dragon Rigger in paper, the map in question was in that book. It's not in the current ebook, however.)

And thanks for the kind words about my books! That's great to hear!
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote