View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 08:42 AM   #17
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
Oh--can anyone comment on the question of what the viewing experience would be like for someone reading on a tablet (or any device that automatically changes orientation when you turn it) if the map is embedded in the book in a sideways orientation?

I suspect the answer is, not good. Which might be an argument for splitting the map, after all.
I must admit that when reading on my iPad I set the Orientation lock on so that it does NOT change orientation unexpectedly. I like to be able to move around without the screen rotating on me. Therefore I personally woud prefer the suggestion of the the longest side being vertical so that I can get the best view of the map on the screen. Whether I am a typical reader in respect to the way I handle orientation I am not certain, but that is my personal view.

BTW. Love your books - I have read all of them.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote