View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 11:27 AM   #19
recycledelectron
Groupie
recycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-books

Device: Lifebook T5010
Good news.

I hope they add support for .html, .chm, and .djvu documents at some point. (I won't ask about .wma audio.)

File browsing would be a GREAT add-on. (Alphabetical listings by title and author, plus date annoy me. I've been using directories since the commodore 64, and I don't want to change.) File browsing would also let me open files that do not end in a known extension that I want to read - .m, .c, or .cpp for example. If I browse to a source code file called "fractal.m" I should be able to select it, and have the reader ask me what format to pretend it is. I select text. Then I can read it. (I just spent 30 minutes creating .txt copies of my .m MatLab source code files, and to renaming them to group them by title.)

Once file browsing is added, the ability to turn off the wait (while it loads the database with books) would also be welcome.

Dare I ask about the ability to copy or move files between the 2 memory cards and the internal memory?

Andy
recycledelectron is offline   Reply With Quote