View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 01:24 PM   #65
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhaya96 View Post
When you root (jailbreak) the device does that mean you've completely voided the warranty on the device or is there a way to go back? Also, if one chooses to root the device will it still be able to be updated when the new version is finally available? (I just got my device this week and am trying to weigh my options)
After you root there is a way to flash back to factory settings so you can update it to the newest stock version or re-root. Technically if you didn't flash back to the factory settings your warranty would be voided. I bought an accidental damage warranty from Square Trade for $30 and they don't care what you do to your device.

Also, if you install a app called Clockwork Recovery I don't think you can flash back to stock. I think you have to do something else to get there. All this info is in the Nook Developers sub-forum.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote