View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 11:13 PM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
If epub supports this you ought to be able to format your books in this manner. What is the advantage of using % for specifying indents?

I use calibre's indent feature myself. I set it to 1.1em. Doesn't using em give you a proportional indent as the font size scales larger?
EPub does support this. I edit the value in Sigil or Tweak-Epub.

Percent indent applies to the current, containing Block width, not the font
(percent, when applied to a Font-size, adjust the font relative to the called font. )
My perceived advantage is:
1) conserves space on a small screen.
2) increases the Visual aspects of the indent on wider screens.
My standard is 3-4% (about the same as 1.5-2em on a 5" screen), more on my CRT. It proportions itself to the screen width.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote