View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 04:08 PM   #2
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
This is a very personal decision, and really does spark different emotions for different people. Her is my experience. I owned both the 505 and the 600, and was used to the 6" screen size. When the 300 was released, I took one look at it, and knew it was not for me. however the was not just because of the smaller screen, but also the reduced feature set, and poorer build quality. When the 350/650 were announced, I planned to get a 650, in line with my previous purchases. However, I surprised myself, and ended up with a 350. This was partly because the 650 did not show up in US stores as early as the 350. Additionally, the 350 has almost the exact same feature set as the 650, other than the size of the screen. Anyway, I bought the 350 with the plan of trying it out, and then exchanging it for the 650 when it finally showed up in stores. To my great surprised, I loved the 350. The size of the screen does not bother me at all. The smallest font size is usually too small to be useful, but this really depends on the publisher. Most of the time I use the small and medium fonts. The 350 is incredibly light weight, and the external shell has much smaller dimensions than the 300 did. Thus, the portability improved a lot. Anyway, I really like the form factor, and am not bothered by the screen size at all. However, as I said, you may feel differently. My suggestion is that if you know that you want a Sony reader, then buy the 350, try it out for a few days, and then exchange it for the 650, if you feel you need to. Sony stores will wave the restocking fee if you are exchange for an item of greater value within 14 days.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote