View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 12:42 PM   #9
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by daudi View Post
Before I bought my iliad I got a piece of cardboard and cut out a window the same size as the screen and then read printed journal articles through it to see if it worked for me. It did, I bought one, and I'm very happy.
That's a very good idea.

The only other thing to keep in mind is that the screen more resembles newsprint than high-contrast white paper, which probably has an effect on how easily small type is read. I still read "US Letter" size documents (a bit smaller than A4) on mine in portrait mode with no zoom sometimes, but even I find it a bit of a strain, and some other people I show it to can't read it at all. Zoom is definitely your friend.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote