View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 11:35 PM   #4
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejm View Post
Any other apps slowing down on your Win7 system, or only calibre?
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnightowl View Post
All that said, like ejm asks...do you have any other programs that are slow on your machine?
Not really. Everything else runs smoothly. And a few versions back Calibre also ran smoothly, AFAIR. Then again. I'm not really stressing the machine. My needs are fairly simple. The slowest, heaviest program on my machine would have to be Firefox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnightowl View Post
Also, in the Calibre Preferences under Advanced, what do you have set for max number of worker processes? Mine is at 4 and the checkbox underneath for limit max jobs to cores is checked on my system.
Yep. That's the same setting that I have. I also have only two cores. So it's probably never going to use 4 worker processes.
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote