View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 04:08 PM   #1
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

Device: Aztak Mentor
Kindle technical books (expensive)

Guys, I bought Kindle DXG almost exclusively to read my technical PDFs. However, just out of curiosity today, I looked at some Kindle books. The books I looked at are scientific and engineering books and books on computer architecture. There is only a handful of books in Kindle format for these particular subjects. The selection of Kindle books for other subject is quite extensive in comparison. I was extremely surprised (as I had never cared to look before) at the price difference of these scientific/technical books in the Kindle format to the hardcover/softcover paper copy of these books. Only $2 - $3 US!! I was very surprised at this. Why is the difference in price so small? Shouldn't the price difference be much more pronounced? After all, the idea of electronic readers can go a long way such as reducing costs of printing, saving trees, better on the environment overall, and very important, to be able to deliver the same content at a significantly lower cost. I expected the Kindle format books to be cheaper than their paper counterpart by at least 30%. I would say 30% should be an acceptable price difference/savings in favor of the electronic version. I am very disappointed at the price difference. What is going on here?
zetareticuli is offline   Reply With Quote