View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 09:52 AM   #25
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What they plan to do is host files provided by copyright holders (eg bands), and then pay them according to the number of downloads. For more information, see:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8128551.stm
Thanks for the link, although I'm afraid this company is already onto a loser (if they even manage to get the asking price together in the next 4 weeks)

The problem is without the users they can't generate this paid content, or have anybody willing to download the same content. I've been hovering over on the Piratebay irc channels and the suprbay forums and the backlash over this is absolutely vicious. Mass deletion of user accounts on the TPB, threats, calls of 'traitor'. This is too much like the Suprnova incident of a few years back and that soured a lot of file sharers.

I really can't see anything good coming from this.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote