View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 07:23 AM   #49
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
I come from non reading parents. I actually can not recall a time either read to me. I had taught myself to read by age 4. I was given the complete works of snuggle pot and cuddle pie for my 5th christmas. I read it in one day, neither of my parents believed me. I had read little women , seven little australians before I was 8 and most books for kids. I then moved onto begging my way into the adult section to read. There was very little YA stuff in those days. I still hear my father saying that I need to get my nose out of a book and outside into the sunshine as I needed a tan LOL. Imagine telling a child to go into the sun these days.
I am so not a book snob, I do not read any great works I just enjoy a good story. My tastes tend to be what a male would choose to read tho I am a 40 something woman. Hmmm what else. I read and encouraged my 19 year old twins to read. Both had to be taught to read. This drove me nuts. Both are now at uni, so have masses of reading. Only my daughter tho reads for pleasure.
So I am really not sure what makes one a reader.

applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote