View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 06:22 PM   #12
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcox View Post
I am getting ready to release a novelette and I’ve broken it up into chapters. What I can’t decide is the less intrusive but more impersonal number better or is a titled chapter a more enriching reading experience?

Do you use numbers or titled chapters for your books? What have you found?
I think you answered your question when you said

Quote:
titled chapter a more enriching reading experience
They can be as important as the often neglected blurb. They can also organize your mind and your writing. If they seem hard to do, then perhaps you don't have a handle on your intentions for the chapter, though those intentions may change, and then of course so will the title.

For the most part, I consider them imperative.

Last edited by frahse; 12-21-2012 at 06:28 PM.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote