View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #9
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
I understand what is going on a little better now. Running an X app with no display selection makes it use X display 0, but it stays hidden under the kindle framework display. Doing a "killall cvm" causes the framework to restart, during which time the X app is visible. I had xdaliclock running in the background, and I could see the time displayed during the framework restart. The only difference with loading another Xorg is that it can write on top of the framework display so it remains visible.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote