View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 06:44 AM   #6
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
They won't even let you download firmware updates if your IP address is not in the US.
This is NOT correct! I have sucessfully downloaded and installed the updates, including the recent one (I think there was one before that, some time ago as well).
I'm in Sweden. I was in Sweden when I downloaded the update. Actually, just to check nothing has changed I'm downloading it right now!
I do the update by sideloading, since I keep the device WiFi off all the time.

(Any warranty issues of course has to be resolved in USA, since the device isn't not meant for international sales.)

Edit: I'd still recommend Sony for international users, but sometimes Nooks can be had a "too good to refuse"-prices, and should that be the case it will work very well even oustide USA.

Last edited by Asawi; 12-06-2011 at 06:58 AM.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote