View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 05:01 AM   #13
luisvela
luisvela began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
libprs500

Dear Hvatum,Good morning
Thanks for your help and comments.
I have found an excellent solution which is libprs500 https://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net/. It was mentioned in another forum. This opens source application works very well in Mac OSX. I have even donated some $ to the team. With this app you can load very comfortable to the 505 german texts and they show correctly.
Greetings to all.
Luis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvatum View Post
Hi,

Could you maybe upload it to Mega-Upload or something and PM me the link? I have some experience with German text's on my PRS-505. Ich hab' gerade Goethe von Projekt Gutenberg auf Deutsch gelesen. It displayed without any problems.

Also, in another post I put a link to PDFRasterfarian. It makes PDFs look really nice on the 505 - the issue is not the screen not being large enough, its that the fonts don't display well at all on EInk displays since they're designed for LCDs. It didn't let me post that though.

So to find it just go in Google and search "PDFrasterfarian AFMag." The first result is a download site.

There's no copyright issues any more with Rasterfarian, the the guy who wrote it used some small trial versions of basic PDF utilities in the first version, but in this version the whole toolchain is open source!
luisvela is offline   Reply With Quote