View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #1071
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
Peakcrew,

If the software in the ereader can open, buffer into memory, strip HTML tags, then render and format the text for the display, editing it and saving the newly corrected HTML shouldn't be a huge step... unless the software was designed specifically to allow only for import and disallow writing. Concerning DRM issues that wouldn't necessarily surprise me.
That's interesting. I'd pay money for that option. Proof-reading is a lot easier when actually reading. My sideloaded epubs end up with huge files of annotations for corrections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
... most people perform an automatic context based replacement in their minds when reading -that's one of the issues that makes proofing your own work(letters, papers, emails) difficult, you tend to "add-in" entire missing words because you know what you meant to express and often don't even notice the absence of entire words, usually shorter words or articles unless paying particular attention. The mind sees what it expects to see, and fills in the missing blanks -not necessarily what is. We're much more likely to notice an out of context word.
I know - I have a useful disease. Guess who gets all the proof-reading to do in my department ...
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote