View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 09:18 PM   #29
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I decided to post again because I have some more examples.

The RAR is a collection of images from His Majesty's Dragon. It'a Ballantine title, and I like what they accomplished in spite of the limitation of the Mobipocket format.

The images included are not screenshots. Instead, Ballantine created the title page and section breaks as images. It had to be done this way becuase Mobi format doesn't support embedding fonts and the Kindle doesn't support fonts at all.

The Zip is an example of an about page. I don't use most of what is on it, but I keep a copy in my source folder just in case.

If you are going to get sophisticated about making ebooks, at some point you really need to include a page like this that discusses the legal status of the text, images, and fonts inlcuded in an ebook. You should mention where you got them, the copyright vs public domain status, and if necessary name the license agreement(s) that allows you to distribute them.
Attached Files
File Type: rar images.rar (24.5 KB, 952 views)
File Type: zip about.zip (698 Bytes, 875 views)

Last edited by Nate the great; 09-06-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote