View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 09:08 AM   #11
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I have so many horror books that I haven't read yet and I'm having immense difficulty picking a specific book to nominate.

For a slightly more literary undertaking, I'll start with The Last Werewolf by Glen Duncan.

Quote:
One last full moon-then it will all be over.

Jake Marlowe has been alive too long. For two hundred years he has roamed the world, enslaved by his lunatic appetites, tormented by the memory of his first and most monstrous crime. Now, the last of his kind, he knows he cannot go on.

But as Jake counts down to suicide, a violent murder and an extraordinary meeting plunge him straight back into the desperate pursuit of life, and the dangerous possibility of love.

Sexy, erudite, bloody and heartbreaking, The Last Werewolf honours the conventions of the genre even as it spectacularly eclipses them. Glen Duncan has given us an amazing work of literary fiction, rich, provocative and utterly unlike anything you have read before.

'A magnificent novel. A brutal, indignant page-turner, beautifully crafted and full of genuine suspense. It tears the thorax out of the horror genre to create something that stands rapturous and majestic and entirely on its own.' Nick Cave
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote