View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 09:26 PM   #72
judyz
Enthusiast
judyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-950
I have already passed my suggestions on to Customer Service but I figured I would share them here for the sake of discussion.

1)The Kobo tells you it is finished updating it's database after you add a bunch of new files when it isn't leaving people thinking it is frozen and reseting it with a pin. This leads to a corrupt database and more issues. If you wait a minute it will finish successfully but they need to fix this in a firmware update.

2) There is far too many button presses to go online and update your library over wifi. The Kobo should be able to connect automatically to networks it remembers.

3) Buttons should be remapable. This would help to ensure you don't just wear out the default press for turning pages plus being able to remap page turning to one of the buttons on the left side might be handy for left handed folks.

4) Dictionary not working with books you add yourself.

5) Battery life goes down quite quickly with wifi enabled. I would like ideally to be able to press one button and have my Kobo connect to the web, update the library and then disable wifi automatically.
judyz is offline   Reply With Quote