Thread: Cover Design
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 07:44 PM   #46
Dusty Bottoms
Banned
Dusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipse

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
well, you know (or maybe you don't) how much i love css. so that's a point in favour of textpattern, especially if you just want a cms. one of the good things about wordpress is all the various widgets and plug-ins and such available for it, for managing spam and comments and creating a tag cloud and all that business. oh, and the fact that there are templates agogo available, but i doubt you'll need one of those. if textpattern has a decent cms interface and you don't want a blog wordpress might be overkill.
I'm still learning CSS, and everything else I just wing it and go with what I feel All I want really for the site is a pretty flat navigation where the main areas of interest can be navigated from the main page -- as we're going to be a character/story centric outfit instead of author focused, we should be able to cover this with a splash page for each series we do.

So far we have:

Lebanon Red(Horror Westerns)
Finch & Steinbeck (40's Mysteries)
Joe Luna (Contemporary Gossip Journalist Mysteries)
Underwood (Horror Adventure Series)
Universals (Near future Sci-Fi Series)
The Ivy League (Spy Thriller Series Set in the 60's)
Dawnrider (70's Action Horror)
Tucker of Europol (Contemporary European Thriller Series)

---
Up for consideration
-------------

Ca$h (Contemporary Thriller Series)
Kin (Young Adult Horror Series)

When it's written out like that, it seems like a lot of work
Dusty Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote