View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 03:17 PM   #5
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
"connect" sounds awfully like browser-reading..
Then again, it's McGraw-Hill we're talking about.
Edit: I braved my fear, and opened the link.
Quote:
In some ways, the latest e-textbooks from McGraw-Hill and others compete with course-management software offered by Blackboard and other companies, though publishers say they are working in partnership with those companies rather than as rivals.
Whoop-dee-doo. Browsing it is.
And there's more.
Quote:
The company is urging professors to require the electronic textbooks for their courses, rather than leave it up to students whether they buy a printed book or an e-textbook. The company also sells a bundle that includes both the printed book and the e-book, because the company's research found that some students prefer print books to do their initial reading but electronic versions to review later. Of course, if students buy both, that also means even more revenue for the publishers. (For a Principals of Management textbook, the e-book and online tools cost $80, while a bundle that also includes the printed book costs $178.)
Read: If students are forced to buy the e-text, and buy the printed version out of sheer despair.

Anyway, Nate: I don't think you have to be afraid that there will be yet another format, as this probably won't be readable in an ebook reader.

Last edited by zerospinboson; 09-08-2009 at 03:24 PM.
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote