View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 03:16 AM   #5
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ylurien View Post
1. I use Microsoft Word 2007 (I`m sure openoffice.org would work fine as well). You have to download a file called "saveaspdfandxps.exe" from Microsoft Office`s website to be able to save documents as PDF files, though.
Whatever works for you is great.
I have suggested OpenOffice.org because anybody can download one for free and it has built-in pdf publishing module.

There are quite a few commercial, shareware, freeware and free pdf creators around, that might offer various interesting options. The quality of the final pdf varies greatly depending on the tool. You might want to experiment here a little bit as well. Perhaps a pdf file generated by other tool (you might want to try the original Adobe Acrobat) will load more quickly or will have a little bit better redability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ylurien View Post
I guess the reader`s CPU is just not equipped to decode a PDF file`s properties quickly.
The processor in the Reader is indeed [relatively] slow. It is enough for simple documents and LRF files and a faster processor would drain the battery faster. When I open a few long documents in rtf format from a memory card my battery seems to be draining very fast. Fortunately the Reader needs to process the rtf file only once and then I can read and read and read ...
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote