View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 05:32 PM   #46
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I read the Illuminatus trilogy when it first came out. Crazy stuff!
But... but... that's 30 years ago! Unbelievable. I couldn't even read properly back then. And some people call ME too old to be doing certain things? Harumpff.

I must put them onto my TBR list. I like weird/crazy stuff like that. (Who can't love trilogies where all books and parts are messed up with regard to structure, or all books and parts are called "Book One" and "Part One"? )

Damn. You did it again.... I'm not buying those now! I have no more Kobo codes, and without those, these books are $5 more expensive there than they are at Amazon.

If I manage to get another 50% code, I could get those books for $7.50, which is $2.50 below the Amazon price.

Quote:
Check out, in preview mode, the first Shike book. What do you think about this one, regarding those different font sizes?
Definitely weird. However, the book itself may be fine. I've seen some books that looked positively gruesome in the preview, but were fine after downloading them. Isn't there the possibility to return the book to Amazon and get a refund if you don't like the layout? Worth a try maybe. I like the story synopsis.

And yes, the books will be cheaper for you in the US because they're probably displayed without tax.

EDIT

In the name of science and curiosity, I've had a sample sent to my Kindle (requiring to turn on Wi-Fi and thus messing up my home screen). I've flipped through the first half of the sample (about 1,5 chapters) and it's just fine. If the real book is the same, there's nothing wrong with it.

Last edited by Katsunami; 02-23-2014 at 05:47 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote