View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 08:17 AM   #6
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
With all due respect,
<snip>
(3) I asked a question to which I'd like an answer and you seem to be blocking my request.
<snip>
My apologies, I did not mean to come across that way. I cannot come up with a way to continue a quest for understanding the desire to use a marker that is not common, and the New Yorker themselves says "The diaeresis is the single thing that readers of the letter-writing variety complain about most," with out sounding attacking (which I do not want to do) so I will drop it completely. I am sorry for any problem I have caused.

I realize that I have derailed your thread so ... getting back on track ...

My understanding you would have to use the UTF-8 code for it, as you no doubt know. (see:
https://simg1.imagesbn.com/pimages/p...ting_guide.pdf or http://www.hxa.name/articles/content...7241_2007.html )

Quote:
but I've noticed that the change can introduce false-corresponding characters in certain fonts.
Can you embed the font choice then? The letters are in the UTF-8 char set, so IMO any font that does not render them right is broken. Not that that matters.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote