View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 04:14 PM   #44
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Quote:
terms of format, I believe it is important, as it finally gets Amazon/Kindle on the ePUB bandwagon. For one thing, other books have more complex formatting and ePUB could produce better results. And for another, this brings us one step closer to breaking the device/bookstore lock in on the Kindle.
What's the business case for Pottermore pushing Amazon to switch formats? I know its technically cool and all , but Pottermore is not going to do this unless they are receiving some financial advantage for doing this.
I'm genuinely curious. Why would Pottermore pick this fight, rather than simply offering the books in mobi as well as epub formats on their site-the way manybooks, feedbooks and Project GT do?
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote