View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #31
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Well, looks like the Kobo Arc is dead in the water. The new Kindle Fire is going to be more powerful than the old (thus way more powerful than the Arc) - AND cost only $159. Even if it too lacks a dedicated GPU and microSD slot (the latter's a given, of course), it will blow the Arc away.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/...pt-14-for-159/
Based on my experiences with my Vox, I've already decided that I am staying clear of the Arc.

I may actually buy a Fire, though - because I've recently built up a nice library on my Amazon account and read via the Android Kindle app. It would be cool to have a dedicated device for my Amazon purchases. Their ebook selection is far superior to Kobobooks - and they are always on top of new releases, esp. for some of my favorite independent authors and obscure reads. They also allow pre-orders, which makes it really easy for me to plan my purchases for sequels I've been waiting desperately to read!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote